German-Russian REICHERT Database
REICHERT Family - Ambrose REICHERT (1866-1951), son of Carl and Catherine REISS REICHERT, married Marian ROLL (1872-1942) , daughter of Johann and Frances ROLL.
Three of Sebastian ROLL's (1873-1930) children married REICHERTs:
Rosa REICHERT (1902-1979) is the daughter of Paul and Katherine SCHMIDT REICHERT. She married Michael ROLL (1899-1972)
Two of Jacob (1874-1961) and Katharina LANTZ REICHERT's children married ROLLs: Frank Jacob (1902-1972) and Eva Mary (1905-1961) ROLL REICHERT ; and John (1901-1968) and Caroline (1903-1949) REICHERT ROLL .
Rosa REICHERT's Ancestors |
REICHERT Family Tree Chart |
Other Surname spellings: RECHERT, RECHARD, RECHERD, REICHARD, REICHERD, REICHHEART, RICKERT, RICKART, RICKARD, REIGERT, RIGERT, REIGHARD, REHARD, REHERD, REHEARD, REAHARD, REHEARD, REACHARD, REHARD, RYHARD, RIHARD, RHEARD, RECHER, REIGER, and RICHARD. Reichert is a Bavarian nickname surname. German nicknames came from eke-names, or added names, and tended to describe a physical characteristic or other attrubute of their initial bearer. Reichert is a name for a brave or strong person. It is a common name among the English, French and Flemish/Dutch communities, as well as the German, and stems from the words ric, meaning power, and hard, meaning hardy or strong. First found in Bavaria, where the name become noted for its many branches within the region.
This German-Russian REICHERT family has its origins in Hilsbach/Sinsheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Paul REICHERT (1877-1954) and Katherine SCHMIDT (1880-1966) were both born in South Russia.
They had 10 children. We think Paul was born in Rastadt, Cherson, Beresan, South Russia because his eldest brother Jacob was born there 3 years before Paul's birth. Katherine was most likely born in Rastadt or München which is about a half mile northwest of Rastadt. The REICHERT family emigrated to North Dakota around 1892 and settled in the Dickinson, Stark, ND area.
Paul's brother, Jacob REICHERT (1874-1961), married Katharina LANTZ (1875-1938) in Rastadt. Two of their children, Frank and Caroline, married Sebastian ROLL's (1873-1930) children. Paul's eldest daughter, Rosa, married Sebastian ROLL's eldest son, Michael. The REICHERT Family Tree Chart provides a clear picture. View the emigration papers of the REICHERT family in the "German-Russian Passports and IDs" section.
Enlargement (112K size) - Paul & Katherine SCHMIDT REICHERT's children.
Early 1900's - Carl REICHERT (1819-1912) is Paul REICHERT's grandfather.
About 1930's - Anna "Annie" SHAAL REICHERT KUHN KOFFLER (1856-1956) is Paul REICHERT's mother.
- 1919 - Rosa REICHERT (1902-1979) married Michael ROLL (1899-1972) who is the son of Sebastian ROLL (1873-1930) and 2nd wife, AnnaMary SCHAFF ROLL (1878-1904).
- Caroline REICHERT (1903-1949) married John ROLL (1901-1968) who is the son of Sebastian ROLL (1873-1930) and 2nd wife, AnnaMary SCHAFF ROLL (1878-1904). Michael and John ROLL are brothers.
- Frank J. REICHERT (1902-1972) married Eva Mary ROLL REICHERT (1905-1961) who is Michael and John ROLL's half sister. She is the daughter of Sebastian ROLL (1873-1930) and third wife, Julia Anna KOFFLER LANTZ ROLL (1869-1933).
- Marian ROLL REICHERT (1872-1942) was the 2nd wife of Ambrose REICHERT (1866-1951). She immigrated from South Russia. She is the daughter of Johann and Frances ROLL.
- Jacob STROH (1857-1924) is most likely related to Juliana STROH (1870-1959) who married George ROLL (1867-1938) .
- Katharina LANTZ REICHERT (1875-1938) is probably related by marriage to Julia Anna KOFFLER LANTZ ROLL (1869-1933) who married Sebastian ROLL (1873-1930) .
- Julia Anna KOFFLER LANTZ ROLL (1869-1933) is the daughter of Carl KOFFLER (1846-19??). He was the 3rd husband of Anna "Annie" SHAAL REICHERT KUHN KOFFLER (1856-1956).
REICHERT Surname Message Board at RootsWeb.com
ANDERSON, Orpha "Ricky" - 1050 SW Fleet St, Oak Harbor, WA 98277 - no email.
BADE, Gaby - of Germany kgsd-bade@@t-online.de
- HOERNER, REICHERT
BROSINSKY, Tony - of Australia/Canada tbrosinsky@@bigfoot.com.au
GIESBRECHT, Sherry - of Alberta, Canada sherryag@@telus.net
ITTERMAN, Karen - of Alberta, Canada k.itterman@@sasktel.net
REICHERT, Monica - of Calgary, Alberta, Canada monicareichert@@hotmail.com
ROLL, Mitch - mitch@@rollintl.com
- As an interesting note, another REICHERT-ROLL marriage occured in the USA:
Carl Frederick REICHERT b: February 22, 1915 d: October 06, 1976 married August 17, 1935 to Kathryn Elinor ROLL b: January 22, 1917 d. January 17, 1999 of South Bend, IN, USA Father: Joseph Hedges ROLL Mother: Ruth
Margaret (or WILT) ANDERSON. They had a daughter: Carolyn Sue REICHERT. In 1956 she married Albert George KULAS and had 5
children: Steven Mark, Teri Lynn, Brian Paul, Lori Ann, and Bethany Carol.
LaFROMBOISE, Laura - lauralafromboise@@gmail.com - I am a decendant of John George REICHERT Sr and Anna GEIST who came to North Dakota with their children in the latter part of the 1800's. John was a Baptist Minister in Tyndall, ND. He had at least 12 children, most being born in Tiflis, Georgia, Asia near the Black Sea.
"The German is like a willow.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions to WebMaster. Thank you. © Copyright 2000 - 2013
No matter which way you bend him,
he will always take root again."
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn -